Canada Federal Skilled Worker Immigration
Federal Skilled Worker applications (FSWP) are assessed based on an applicant’s ability to become economically established upon immigration to Canada.
From January 1, 2015, FSWP are being processed through the Express Entry immigration selection system for immigration to Canada. Candidates eligible under the FSWP must first make an expression of interest(EOI) in immigrating to Canada by creating an online Express Entry profile.
In order to get qualify under this FSWP ,applicants must obtain at least 67 points based on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) immigration selection factors.
Those selection factors are listed below:
- Education: Candidates can be awarded up to 25 points for the education.
- Language Skills: Candidates can be awarded up to 28 total points (24-first official language, 4-second official language).
- Work Experience: Under this factor, candidates can be awarded up to 15 points for certain paid, skilled work experience that they have acquired in the last 10 years, but they must attain at least a score of 9 points in order to qualify.
- Age: Candidates can be awarded up to 12 points based on their age at the time of applying.
- Arranged Employment: Candidates can be awarded up to 10 points if they have arranged employment in Canada that meets certain requirements.
- Adaptability: Candidates can be awarded up to 10 points for a number of factors that show that they are adaptable to moving to Canada.
Once the candidate meets the eligibility and points requirements, he or she must show that he or she has sufficient settlement funds to support him or herself and any dependents after his or her arrival in Canada , and funds depends upon the number of people travelling to Canada . And in the last , candidates and their dependents undergo medical examinations and obtain security clearances like Police Clearance Certificate ( PCC ) or other clearances as per the local government rules of the specific country as part of the Canadian immigration application process.