Things to know about travelling to the U.S. on a B1 Visa
The United States of America is a propitious country when it comes to the business growth. The U.S. has many multi-national companies operating around the globe. The people working in these companies require traveling to the U.S. for the business purposes from time to time. Attaining a Business Visa (B1 Visa) for the same can be a gadfly procedure, especially in the event of lack of imperative information. So, whether you need a visa for a private business trip or on the behalf of your employer, the following information is serviceable to you.
What is B1 Visa?
B1 Visa is the visa required by all the foreign residents to enter the United States for the purpose of business. It is a non-immigrant USA Visit visa for those who wish to live in the U.S. temporarily. All the activities pertaining to the business such as attending training, conferences, conventions, meetings, seminars, or signing contracts, gathering orders, purchasing property and litigating can be carried out by the Visa. Circumstantially, the spouse and children also allowed to accompany the person holding a B1 visa. It is important to note that a combination of B1 Visa and B2 Visa can be used for tourism also. The visa can also be changed during the stay, and the visa holder can enroll himself for study or work.
Things to know about B1 Visa
There are certain basics that every applicant must know about the B1 Visa.
- This visa is valid for the purpose of business only. B1 visa is not meant for work purpose or study permit in the United Sates colleges.
- The extension can be granted on the visa at the port of entry. For extending the length of one’s stay an application needs to be filed. It is a matter of approval, the application can be rejected or accepted.
- The visa holder is not liable to pay any taxes in the United States during his stay for business purpose
- The rules vary for different states but generally, B1 Visa permits driving, opening a bank account or renting an apartment during its validity period
- The interview for the B1 Visa is conducted by the US consulate, the visa is granted only after the candidate qualifies in the interview.
What do you need to do for acquiring a business Visa?
The scrutiny process has become vigorous for the past few years and rejected visa applications have piled up. It is advisable to take the help of a reputed and experienced visa consultant to help you get through the process amicably. The consultants are aware of the intricate requirements, and they have a legal team to assist them.
- A visa applicant needs to manifest that the purpose of his visit is business only and it does not accentuate any profit or remuneration from any source in the country.
- The applicant must demonstrate that as soon as the business is finished, his stay in the Unites States will cease and he will return to his home country.
- There should be a legitimate demonstration of the funds and financial stand by the applicant to prove that he can support his stay in the country financially.
- There are certain health and character assessment requirements that the applicant must fulfill.
- A person is also required to demonstrate his imperative ties in the social and economic demesne abroad
- The proof of an outside the Unites States residence and other mandatory ties, allowing the visa holder to return to his country post his stay.
The process of acquiring visa can be backbreaking but with a little discerning and knowledge , you can get through facilely. Always listen to your consultant as they are the expert in this field.